Since 1928 millions of people have come to Hollywood Boulevard to celebrate the
entertainment capital of the world in the annual Hollywood Christmas Parade. This
star-studded event provides the best in family entertainment and is one of the only
places fans are guaranteed to see their favorite stars.
Marching bands experience their own dose of star treatment in the parade's telecast
zone when they march down the biggest red carpet in the world. Bands are a highlight
of the parade that also includes celebrities, floats and giant character balloons.
The parade travels through the Heart of Hollywood, beginning on Hollywood Boulevard
at Orange. The U-shaped route travels east to Vine, south on Vine to Sunset Boulevard
and west on Sunset, back to Orange.
The 2014 Hollywood Christmas Parade premiered nationally on The Hallmark Channel prior to being
shown on local television stations throughout December.
View the full schedule of television air dates at TheHollywoodChristmasParade.org
The Hollywood Christmas Parade is a legendary event filled with history. The event
was originally called the Santa Claus Lane Parade. When 1946 Grand Marshal Gene Autry
heard children chanting "Here comes Santa Claus," it inspired him to co-write the
classic song "Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane)." Celebrities that
have served as Grand Marshals over the years include Bob Hope, Arnold Schwarzenegger,
Charlton Heston, Sammy Davis Jr., Roy Rogers, William Shatner and Mickey Mouse.
• Bloomington High School North Cougar Band, Bloomington, IN
• Cedarburg High School Marching Band, Cedarburg, WI
• Gadsden Elementary School, AZ
• Gruppo Sbandieratori e Musici Faenza, Faenza, Italy
• Joyful Parade China Troupe, Beijing, China
• Kaiser Catamount Pride Band and Color Guard, Fontana, CA
• Korean American Youth Performing Artists (KAYPA), Chino Hills, CA
• Los Angeles Catholic Schools Band, Los Angeles, CA
• Los Angeles Police Emerald Society Pipes and Drums, Los Angeles, CA
• Marine Band San Diego, San Diego, CA
• Mountain Fifes and Drums, Lake Arrowhead, CA
• Pacific American Volunteer Association (PAVA) World Traditional Marching Band, Los Angeles, CA
• Porterville High School, Porterville, CA
• Rancho Verde High School, Rancho Verde, CA
When in Los Angeles for the Hollywood Christmas Parade, marching bands have many opportunities for additional performances and sightseeing such as:
• Performance at Disneyland or California Adventure
• Disney Performing Arts OnStage Workshop
• GRAMMY Museum
• Farmers Market and The Grove
• Tours of Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive
• Movie at El Capitan
• Free time at Santa Monica Pier
• Ghost and Legends Tour on board the Queen Mary
• Dinner Cruise with DJ dance
• Shopping at Hollywood and Highland Center
Email: Contact Us
Gateway Music Festivals & Tours, Inc., PO Box 1165, Monticello, MN 55362
If you're interested in entering your band in the Hollywood Christmas Parade,
please contact us by email
or call 800-331-8579 to request an application.