Marching in the Rose Parade is a remarkable experience that band members remember and treasure for a lifetime. Participating bands not only march
the 5.5-mile parade route, but also have the opportunity to take a band photo in front of the historic Rose Bowl and perform along with
other Rose Parade bands in shows at Bandfest.
Known as America's New Year Celebration, the annual Rose Parade features spectacular floral floats that are completely covered with natural
materials. Approximately 1 million spectators line the parade route, while tens of millions watch the television coverage in more than 200
international territories and countries. The Rose Parade is broadcast on ABC, Hallmark Channel, HGTV, KTLA (Tribune), NBC, RFD-TV and Univision.
2014 Rose Parade Marching Band Photos
and Tournament of Roses Bandfest Photos
Bands are selected based on musicianship, marching ability, uniqueness and entertainment value. In particular, bands are being sought with the
ability to perform a field type show while marching forward. There are no set size requirements; bands of all sizes are encouraged to apply. Geographic diversity is also
considered, and bands from around the world are welcomed.
Applications for the 2016 Rose Parade are due May 31st, 2014. Invitations are issued in the fall, more than a year in advance
of the parade, to allow bands time to raise the funds necessary for a trip of this magnitude.
• Blue Springs H.S. Golden Regiment, Blue Springs, Missouri
• Calvacade of Bands Honor Band, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
• Cypress H.S. Centurion Imperial Brigade, Cypress, California
• Escuela Secundaria General #5, Manuel R. Gutiérrez Banda Musical Delfines, Veracruz, Mexico
• Helsingør Pigegarde Elsinore Girls Marching Band, Denmark
• Koriyama Honor Green Band, Koriyama, Japan
• Lakota West H.S. Marching Firebirds, West Chester, Ohio
• Legacy H.S. Lightning Marching Band, Broomfield, Colorado
• Los Angeles Unified School District Honor Band, California
• Maui H.S. Saber Marching Band and Color Guard, Kahului, Hawaii
• O'Fallon Township H.S. Marching Panthers, O'Fallon, Illinois
• Pasadena City College Tournament of Roses Honor Band & Herald Trumpets, California
• Robert E. Lee H.S. Mighty Rebel Band, Midland, Texas
• Round Rock H.S. Dragon Band, Round Rock, Texas
• The Salvation Army Tournament of Roses Band
• Temple City H.S. Pride of Temple City, California
• United States Marine Corps West Coast Composite Band
• Walton H.S. Marching Raider Band, Marietta, Georgia
• Plus ... the two Rose Bowl Game University Marching Bands to be determined
Rose Parade Tickets
• Grandstand seating for the Rose Parade is available through Sharp Seating Company, the official Grandstand Seating Provider, 626-795-4171 or SharpSeating.com
• Ticket prices range from $48 to $95.
• Curbside viewing is welcome on a first-come, first-served basis. Pasadena city ordinance allows the occupancy of curbside space along the parade route beginning at noon on the day before the parade.
• Advance tickets are available through Sharp Seating Company at 626-795-4171 or SharpSeating.com
• Same day tickets go on sale at the stadium box office approximately one hour prior to the start of each show.
• Admission is $15.
Bands traveling to Pasadena for the Tournament of Roses Parade often take advantage of the many activities and the mild climate
in Southern California. Band trip itineraries often include:
• Touring the float barns for an up-close view of Rose Parade floats in the final stages of decoration.
• Performing at one of the major theme parks in the area.
• Visiting some of Hollywood's many famous attractions.
• Visiting an ocean-front beach or boardwalk.
Email: Tournament of Roses
Tournament of Roses, 391 South Orange Grove Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91184
If you're interested in entering your band in the Tournament of Roses Parade, click here to download more information and complete the
online band application form
The deadline to apply for the 2016 parade is May 31, 2014.